Link More Links! Setting up LinkTree to Share your Goodies.
As a Stager, oftentimes you’ll find yourself with many different avenues for content creation, and connecting with your followers. You might have a YouTube account, where you’re creating new videos all the time. You might have a website, where your fans can learn more about you. And of course, you’ll have your Booth filled with all your merchandise at Booth & Stager.
There’s just one problem. Profiles like Instagram only allow you to put one link to one website. How do you choose??
That’s where LinkTree comes into play. With LinkTree, you can set one link on your profile, and manage multiple destinations within that link. It’s super easy to set up, it’s free, and it means you can drop more than one shameless plug whenever you need to. For information on how to set up a LinkTree, check out the rest of this article.
When you first visit the Link Tree website, feel free to do your research before committing to signing up. There is a lot of information on their website, including the differences between the free and the paid plans. When you’re ready, click “Get Started For Free”.
- Choose your username wisely
- When possible, match your username and your URL. You’ll make it easier to remember, and make the URL prettier, if you’re using your Stager name. For example, linktr.ee/AlyshaPretty is clearly set up with links for Stager Alysha Pretty.
- Choose your categories
- These aren’t going to change anything about your Link set up, but it’s fun to classify yourself. Choose up to 3 to move on.
- Choose your plan
- There are two options to choose from: Paid, or free. As is the case with most services, you’ll get more out of the paid version. Do a bit of reading and determine which one is right for you.
- Verify your email address
- LinkTree will send you an email to make sure you are who you say you are. Do that, and then you can go on to the fun step.
Once your account is active, you can set up many features within your dashboard.
- You can add as many links as you want to your LinkTree. The more you add, of course, the more cluttered your LinkTree will look. Use your best judgment to choose the ones that should be added.
- You can update your profile picture (avatar), a short bio description, and choose a theme. With a paid plan, you have many more options for customization.
- A few additional features can be added to your profile in this section. Check out the options, keeping in mind some are only available with a paid subscription.
- Share Your Link
- In the upper right corner you’ll find an option to Share your link. Copy either the URL directly, or generate a QR code to share as well. You can add this link on your social media, send it to friends, or make available for scanning in public settings.
For more information on setting up a LinkTree, check out their FAQ page on their website. Once you’ve set up your LinkTree, enjoy the organized place for all your links, in one place. We're looking forward to seeing how you use it to promote your Booth and your merch!