Couldn't I start my own merch store? How much does it cost?
We get this question all the time.
The short answer is, yes. You can absolutely start your own online merch store. The benefits to using Booth & Stager is that we've already gone through all the leg work so you don't have to. All you have to do is sign-up here and we will create your custom landing page for your customers to order their favorite merch items from you.
Starting your own online merch store can be a lot of work and expensive.
As a bare minimum, you’ll also need to pay for hosting, web development, maintenance and inventory. The average costs for eCommerce stores include:
- Professionally-built eCommerce website - $5,000 to $10,000
- Domain name - $12 - $200 per year
- Hosting - $300 per month
Hiring a team and finding vendors
If you decide you want to build an in-house team, you might expect to pay:
- Contract Web developer - $50,000
- Ecommerce manager - $70,000
- Director of eCommerce - $100,000
Cost of your inventory
Whether you’re making the products yourself or ordering them in from suppliers, you’ll need to find vendors that offer a high-quality product at a reasonable price.
Insurance and permits
- You will need licenses and permits before you can begin selling online.
- Business License
- EIN (Employer Identification Number)
Payment Processing & Fees
Finding a trusted payment processor and understanding the fees.
Fees for the following:
- Payment processing on every order
- Refunds fees
- Card swiping fees
- Card not present fees
- Charge back (someone says they didn't us their card with you.)
These are just a few of the cost that you'd encounter with running your own store. We are here to make life a little easier and to give you more time with your fans. Sign up here and take the first step to becoming a Stager today.